In honor of Pride month, I’ve compiled a list some of my favorite queer songs (or songs by queer artists). Music written for queer people is often hard to find so I assumed making a list would be more convenient and easy to find.
- The Village – Wrabel
- Take me to Church – Hoizer
- HIM – Sam Smith
- Young – Sam Smith
- hope ur ok – Olivia Rodrigo
- Sofia – Clairo
- MONTERO (call me by your name) – Lil Nas X
- Same Love – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Born This Way – Lady Gaga
- HEAVEN – Troye Sivan
- Bloom – Troye Sivan
- come out and play – Billie Eilish
- Follow your Arrow – Kasey Musgraves
- Brave – Sara Bareilles
- Girls like Girls – Hayley Kiyoko
- Chanel – Frank Ocean
- Lips, Hair, Hips, Heels – Todrick Hall
- Better in Color – Lizzo
Hope you enjoy this banging playlist I’ve put together (watch the music videos for some of these too and you won’t be disappointed). Some of those songs are cliche, I know, but it’s got a little bit of every genre in there.
And on that last note, remember to speak out against the anti-trans legislation that is appearing in over 20 states right now. Our rights are in danger especially in states like Tennessee and Florida where segregation is beginning to arise. Our liberation from discrimination and social stigma is worth fighting for.
Check out the resources to join the fight for trans equality here with the National Center for Transgender Equality.
Happy Pride month to all my queer brothers and sisters.